Followers

Monday, October 27, 2014

Craft-Room Challenge presents Vintage Christmas



The inspiration for this card was the new challenge at Craft-Room Challenges.  The theme was chosen by Zoe and for challenge #88, its Vintage Christmas.  I love old ornaments and such but I couldn’t think of anything to suit vintage Christmas – until I saw the beautiful paper I used on the card.  As I have said before, my craft room is typically messy – and especially around this time of year when I am creating like a crazy woman.  I had piles of papers here and there and happened to turn over this piece and I knew I had found the perfect paper to use on my card!  I think this card captures the spirit of a Vintage Christmas.
The picture doesn't do it justice
What I Used to Make My Card:
Kraft cardstock base
KaiserCraft “Art of Life” Collection, P1401, Every Day
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die-Delights, Petite Labels One, S3-205
Scrap of Cream (Vanilla) Cardstock
Tree Cutfile
Silhouette Cameo
Tim Holtz Seasonal Chit Chat
Distress Ink in Pumice Stone



I don’t have a long tutorial for you because it is a really simple card.  I had already had one of the trees cut from an earlier project, so I just sized the two remaining trees to complement that one and cut them using the Silhouette.



See the sparkle?
I made sure the words I chose from the Chit Chat fit inside the die I wanted to use for the label,  then I die cut the label out of the cream cardstock, adhered the stickers and edged the label with Pumice Stone Distress Ink (I just used the pad).  I arranged the trees and the sentiment, glued everything down and there you have it! I really enjoy the simplicity of the card and I think the middle tree (the extra one I had) being cut from glitter cardstock adds the perfect bit of glitz.  I hope you agree and enjoyed this mini-tutorial.  As always, thank you for stopping by, your visits and comments mean the world to me!  Now, get your holiday spirit on and make a vintage project to share at the Craft-Room Challenge!

PS: It looks like I added something to the Kraft card I used for a base - I didn't use anything on it, the photo just made it look sorta grainy.
And another look at the final card.  Love that sparkly tree!
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Completely Christmas - #35, Anything Goes, Twist: Use a Setiment
Allsorts Challenge - #282, Christmas 
ABC Christmas Challenge - U is for Uncolored (I didn't color anything)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Get Crafty & Use Kraft (my card base)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)