Followers

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Congratulations on your Mini Human!

Most of my friends are finished with the baby making, but I love this chipboard die cut from JittoBear SO much I just had to use it. And who knows, maybe there is a mini human in the making that I don't know about yet?
So cute!!!

What I Used to Make my Card:
Large White Card Base (8 1/2 x 5 1/2 - folded 8 1/2 x 11 in half)
Copies of Vintage Ads
Adhesive
Congratulations on your.... by JittoBear Chipboard
Embossing Powder - black
Embossing fluid
Vellum

I had so much fun making this card!  I typically don't make cards this large - I pretty much stick to square cards or A2 sized cards and I have decided that more bigger cards are in my future! I have been collecting vintage ads for years now and I love going through old magazines and clipping the ads out that I find funny (and there are LOTS of them!).  I had an idea already of how I wanted the card to look, so the first step was to pick out some vintage baby ads, scan  them and print them.  I just used regular copy paper to print them on since I knew I'd be pasting them onto a piece of cardstock.
The background

So I took my scanned and printed ads, cut them out and arranged them on the card base.  Once I was happy with the layout I glued them all down.  Set the card aside to dry (I actually put it under a piece of tile so the card wouldn't warp) and got started with the sentiment.  I wasn't sure how I was going to use it at first, so it was lightly coated with gesso, but that really didn't make any difference in this case. I embossed the saying a few times and then colored any edges that didn't get embossed with a black Sharpie.

Then I had to decide the hardest part - I was concerned the sentiment didn't
stand out enough, so I cut a piece of vellum and put it under the sentiment. I couldn't decide which version was better, so I asked some friends which card they liked best, with or without the vellum and got NO help because the answers were tied (note to self, ask and ODD number of friends next time!). I felt that the vellum helped the sentiment be a little easier to read, so I went that route.  I envision that this card could be framed and become part of the decor in a baby's room.  All in all, except for the drying time, this card only took about 30 minuets to make.

Thank you SO much for stopping by - I love your comments and thoughts! Please consider becoming one of my followers (choose any media you prefer) as I am trying to reach my goal of 100 new followers in 2015.  Also, you have to go over to the JittoBear site and check out all the cool ready made chipboard cuts as well as how easy (and inexpensive!) it is to get custom chipboard! There are always new designs being made - stay tuned for some cool summer chipboard cut outs!
Another look - this one has the flash used so you can see the embossing
I want to enter my "Mini Human" card in the following challenges:
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - #277, Black and White
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - #32, Q is for Quick
Dazzling Diva Challenge - #72, Mother's Day
Simon Says Stamp, Wednesday Challenge - Clean & Simple
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Monochromatic
Sister Act Card Challenge - #103, Always Anything Goes

Where did I find these awesome challenges??? At Challenges for Days!! Have a look and follow us!

15 comments:

  1. This made me giggle!! What a fun idea! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin Kimmie this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Monochromatic" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini-human -- love it! This card is brilliance. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha you really made me giggle -'finished with the baby making' lol Love the sentiment in this and hopefully one more will pop up somewhere soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got s giggle Georgie :) I love funny & snarky cards :) xx

      Delete
  5. What a fun design! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee-Anne! I appreciate your kind comments :)

      Delete
  6. He he he this is awesome! Fab card for any mini human expecting parents!
    Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers "Q is for Quick" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun and your background paper is the perfect compliment. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card! it is so adorable!!! Thanks for entering at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome quick card thanks for playing along with us at SoSS for the Q is for Quick challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Real fun Erin awesome make hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really neat.

    Thanks for playing at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.
    www.KraftinKimmieStamps.com

    We have challenges every Wednesday (anything goes) & Saturday (follow the theme), you can use any stamp you want...so come join the fun and win gift vouchers!
    www.KraftinKimmieStamps.blogspot.com

    Thanks again, Becky
    www.CardsByBecky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)