Followers

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

August Card Chain Challenge Reveal ~ Sun Card

Hi all! This my Card Chain Challenge August card. My send to partner this month was Dawn from New Zealand and you can go to her lovely blog by clicking here. I really struggled with this month and I am not sure why.  It seemed my creative muse took a summer vacation!  After many restless nights, I decided to design my card based on the sketch and friendship, two of the many choices we had this month to use when making our cards. This is the sketch:



My sending partner for CCC this month is Arlene, please check out her wonderful blog, A Bit of this and That, she has some absolutely stunning cards! And the card to the left is the one she sent me - You can't see it, but the entire card has subtle glitter on it and the "hello" and star are cut of glittered paper! Scrumptious!



Now, on to my card, the one I sent Dawn:



It's light, but I wanted to show the sparkle - there is a darker pic below

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Cardstock Base
Glitter Cardstock in Yellow & Orange
Silhouette Cameo & Cut File #61845
"Hello Friend" stamp, Alesa Baker for Impression Obsession
Gold Paper
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
1" Circle Punch
Gold Dragonfly Sequin
Wink of Stella in Clear

I cut the sun Silhouette Cut file out twice, in both the orange & yellow glitter cardstock.  I glued the yellow sun to the card base and then took the positive cut outs, the rays, from the orange sun, and pieced those where the rays of the yellow sun were.  Reading this it seems as clear as mud, but I know you'll understand (plus the picture kinda explains it all).  I put the card under a heavy tile that I have on my desk for this purpose and let it dry overnight.

Meanwhile, I then stamped my sentiment (how cute is this stamp? I needed a something to put on my CCC cards and this adorable "hello friend" fit the bill perfectly) on some gold cardstock and used a circle punch to punch it out.  I had originally tried using gold vellum because I didn't want the circle to obscure the sun, but, the vellum crinkled horribly when I tried to attach it, so I used the gold paper instead. The sequin dragonfly was something I have had for years, literally. I thought that little bug made the card.  Since the sun was SO bright, the little left over parts of the card base seemed kinda dull, so I swiped them with the Wink of Stella pen in clear to finish the card off. 

Another look - I think you can see the detail better in this dark one. . .

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and my Sun card.  Please consider becoming a follower to help me meet my goal of 100 new followers in 2015 (I am only about 25 people shy of my goal!) I'd really appreciate it. Hope you are having a fabulous day! OH! I volunteer at a blog called Challenges for Days and we are in need of some help - please go here if you can spare an hour a week to get more details ~ Christi

I would like to enter my Sun Card in the following challenges:
Clear it Out Challenge - Anything Goes
The Cheerful Stamp Pad - #119, Remembering Summer
Frilly & Funkie - A Touch of Gold


9 comments:

  1. WOW Christi - I love how bright and glittery (word?) the paper is. The card just shines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much sweetie - I used the paper I got from you!! <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 119, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice clean and simple card with lots of sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card truly shines, Christi! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I wish I could photograph the sparkle better. . .

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)