Followers

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Time to get Sassy!

Before I get to the cards, I want to shout out to all my followers & friends that we need a bit of help over at Challenges for Days.  We are looking for someone to handle the management of the Monday list and all you need is about an hour a week, a computer and a Blogger account.  If you are interested, please email Zoe at zoechaos@icloud.com if you can help ~ Thanks! Now, on with the show!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to the fourth challenge by Twofers - this time we want you to get SASSY!  We have decided on a few rule updates, which are: now, you only need to create ONE project and we have an awesome sponsor, Alleystamp.  The wonderful owner, Janine, has given us a $20 Gift Certificate for use at her store to give to the winner of our challenge - how AMAZING is that!! All the more reason to come and play with us!
 Alleystamp

I have fallen in LOVE with Tim Holtz's Bird Crazy (and I am not alone judging from the cards I am seeing all over the internet) and I also love sassy, snarky, fun sayings.  Put them together and you get this:

How I made my Card:
White Card Base
Tim Holtz "Crazy Birds", #CMS212
Sizzix Framelits Crazy Birds, #660954
Dylusions "Don't Hold Back", #DYR44505
140lb Water Color Paper
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
Distress Markers Squeezed Lemon, Cracked Pistachio & Twisted Citron
Core'dinations Brights Paper - green
Water Color Brush

This card was really simple; so simple I actually made 3 different ones that I am sure will debut at another time.  This was actually the first one I made and I chose it since I can truly relate to the little bird and his or her desire!  I stamped the Crazy Bird on the water color paper, colored it using the Distress Markers (my first time using the Twisted Citron marker - I didn't think I'd like the color, but it isn't as neon as I thought!) listed above and I used my heat gun in between layers of color. It does make a difference and it's much easier to blend the colors.

Once that was done, I wanted to die cut my bird. If you have this die set it can be quite a pain in the butt to figure out which dies go to which bird, so I used a tip that I read on Tim's Blog (from a follower, not Tim) who had made it much easier to use this die set by numbering the birds and storing the dies for each bird in a numbered bag.  That has MY name written all over it! So, one day I sat and did just that, making it very easy to see that the bird I used was #3 and find the coordinating die.  All I did was cut the entire bird (although no matter how much I try to line the die with the stamp, it always comes out a tad off center :::sigh:::) and glue him on the green cover.

I used one of the three Dylusions sets I have for the sentiment (another first time use!), stamped it using Jet Black ink, trimmed it and attached it.  So there you go ~ I am getting ready to start packing for a trip that I will be home from by the time this posts - LOL - the internet is a wonderful thing :) Fondly, Christi

Another look :)

I would like to enter my Sassy Bird in the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments - #140, Anything Goes with a Sentiment
A Bit More Time to Craft - #4, Anything Goes
Left of Centre - No Designer Papers


12 comments:

  1. That sentiment really makes me laugh and the bird works beautifully with it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! in the nicest possible way, love that saying XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! A great CAS card and a wonderful sentiment! Thank you for sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments for our ATG challenge!
    ~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny - going to go check out your stamps now :)

      Delete
  4. Haha, I keep seeing these AWESOME birds. I love that you let the bird and sentiment speak for your card, great job coloring! Thanks for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments, hope to see you for our next challenge too!
    Jennifer, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! Yes, I have fallen victim to the Crazy Bird craze. . .

      Delete
  5. Love your Crazy Bird card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute ! thank you for playing with us at Left of Center

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)