Followers

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Let it Snow

Another snowflake card; sorry to those who are getting snowed under!  We had a bit of snow yesterday, but most of it is already gone.  We are due for a good snowstorm!

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mini Paper Snowflakes Die, #661599
Lawn Fawn Let it Snow Border Die, #LF992
Tim Holtz Mini Swirly Snowflakes Stamps, #CMS320
Simon Says Stamp Embossing Powder, Detail White
Embossing Ink
Vellum
Pale Gold Card
Homemade White Brads

This card started out with stamping the snowflakes on vellum with embossing ink and then embossing them with detail white embossing powder; I had no plan for the vellum, I just love the way white embossing looks and I wanted to play.  I made this panel at the same time I made the panel used in my Simple Snowflake Cards.

When I went to adhere the vellum panel to the card base I realized I had no white brads {yes, I found some later, which is always the case for me}.  So, I made some.  I've done it before and it is so simple; just dip the head of your brad into some embossing ink, then the embossing powder, heat, and repeat until you are satisfied with the results.  Easy!  Once the brads were made, I set them aside to cool down and set about making the embellishments for the card. I cut the sentiment out of the same card as the snowflakes {choosing which  
snowflakes to use out of the set was the most difficult part of making this card!}, a luscious pale gold that I've had for years.  Once the vellum was
Another Look
attached to the card base, I glued the sentiment and the snowflakes I'd chosen to the card.


It really is so pretty in person! I am absolutely fascinated with white embossing, as you may have noticed lately.  It just looks so fresh and clean to me.  Have you jumped on this craze as well?  If so, I'd love to stop by and see your creations, just leave me your information in the comments.  And, since you are already here, I'd be grateful if you'd consider becoming a follower.  It took me a very long time to get the guts to share my art and now that I'm an old pro at sharing, I'd be honored to continue sharing it with you.  Thanks so much and I hope to see you soon! Christi

I would like to enter my Let it Snow card in the following challenges:
Use Your Stuff - #295, Monochromatic
A Snowflakes Promise - M, #47, Anything Goes
Artistic Stamper - M, #1, Anything Goes
Crop Stop Challenge - M, Anything Goes (#2)
Card Mania - M, #100, Monochromatic
Get Creative With Stamps - M, #22, Snowflakes


10 comments:

  1. Oh Christi, I too share your love of white embossing especially on vellum. I have just discovered another powder that goes gorgeous with vellum too, it is called snowflake, a bit more subtle but stunning just the same. If you want to nip to my blog you will see how it looks, I did it with a skeleton leaf. Fav tip on the brads, I wouldn't have thought of that. Thank you so much for joining in the artistic stamper challenge. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the vellum. Great idea to create your own brads like that x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card thanks for sharing with A Snowflakes Promise Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous snowflakes -- I love the way you embossed them on vellum! So pretty!! Thanks so much for linking this lovely card up to the Cropstop blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love that tone on tone white card. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome artwork, it's so soft and elegant :)
    Thanks for playing with us at CardMania Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is a wonderful creation! I love use of vellum and how you used dies!
    Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
    Ileanaxx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh wooow what and elegant card
    love the vellum and the dies you have used on your card
    many thanks for joining with us at Creative with Stamps this month
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Can't decide which version I like the most.

    Thanks for sharing at The Artistic Stamper.
    Lisa - The Artistic Stamper Creative Team.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)