Followers

Monday, January 15, 2018

Wintertime Joy

This is a simple card and my main goal was to use up some of my stash papers.  This is the first time I used the die and I think it came out beautifully.

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Gold Glitter Snowflake Patterned Paper
Gold Shimmer Paper, dark
Gold Shimmer Paper, pale
Memory Box, Wintertime Joy die, #99589 {not sure if retired, but available}
Wink of Stella, Gold



I have no idea where the Gold Glitter Snowflake Paper came from; I'm certain I got it in a kit umpteen years ago.  I have a bit still hanging around so you might see it make an appearance in a card next year.

The panel of patterned paper was already cut, so all I had to do to make this card was cut out Joy twice.  I used the pale and the dark gold {and again, I've had these papers for so long!} and inlay the dark gold letters into the pale gold card.  However, I wasn't happy with how the dark gold letters looked once they were inserted into the pale card. The dark gold paper didn't quite match up to the shimmer of the pale gold, so I colored the letters over with a gold Wink of Stella pen.  In the picture on the left, the rounded piece of cardstock is the original dark gold, and the letters are cut and colored using the pen.    

Coloring the letters made a huge difference in the shimmer and I feel like it matched the pale shimmer much better.  I took a gazillion pictures to try to capture the beautiful shimmer of the pale gold and, honestly, I think the picture at the top pf this post shows it the best.  But I also wanted to show the intricacy of the die, so I decided to use the picture on the right.  I think I could even snip those snowflakes away and use just the outline of the word for another project that isn't so seasonal.
Another Look
It's easy for me to make a snowflake card because we haven't had much snow here in the Denver area of Colorado, yet {EDIT: I just heard we are expecting snow today! Only 1 to 2 inches, but we desperately need it.  I hope we get some!}  We will see what old man winter brings us in the next two months. I hope this little tutorial finds you in good health as I see that there is a bad flu making the rounds.  Thanks for reading and I hope to see you soon! Christi
PS: We are getting snow right now! :) 

I am entering my Wintertime Joy card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use Patterned Paper (#2)
Crafty Cardmakers - Bling's the Thing, #203
Poppy Stamps Challenge - M, Snow Day, #40
Craft Rocket Challenges - Winter, #44
Cute Card Thursday - #512, Something New (die is new)
Die Cut Divas - M, Use or Do Something New (die is new)

13 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful and I guess it was the harbinger of snow to come! I think we might get some tomorrow? Not sure. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Christi :-) I love the gold glittered paper, so pretty and the die cut details are fabulous! Very lovely :-)



    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, I love the elegant cream and gold combination x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful winter card, love the gold & white card.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great winter card. Love the glittery card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful shimmery card!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a stunning die cut and I love how you have inlaid the golden word part into it. Thank you for playing along with us at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully detailed card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.
    xxx Margreet (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous design. Beautifully shimmery and perfect for my 'Bling' challenge.

    Thank you for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the gold and white color scheme, just beautiful! Thank you so much for participating in Poppystamps "Snow Day" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a classy card! I love the detailed die cuts and all that SWOON.. GOLD!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)