Followers

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Hippity Hoppity

These little bunnies called to me {as well as the new leaping sheep!}, and I think they are just adorable.  I've been cutting them out like crazy, in all sorts of neutral combinations but, when I decided to make this card, I felt that "Hippity Hoppity" was just too joyous to use neutral bunnies, so I cut out a ton more in pastel colors.  I hope you like this card as much as I do!

What I Used to Make my Card:
White Card Base
Oxide Inks
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Crazy Talk, #CMS236
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Labels, #660060
Memory Box Quick Bunnies dies, #99902
Pastel Papers from stash
Scrap white card and Oxide Inked paper
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black

I knew I wanted some oxides on this card because they are SO easy to mute into pastel colors when you don't want to use them full strength, so I rummaged through my scraps of Oxide Inked paper.  I found this strip that originally had only  a few colors on it and I filled it in to make it feel like spring.  I don't know what colors were originally on the paper and I just picked an Oxide that I thought the strip needed.  Once that was fully dry, I used my Crazy Talk set to stamp directly onto the strip.  Well, that didn't work out, so I stamped on a piece of scrap white paper, then cut that with Tim Holtz/Sizzix Labels and trimmed that down to the shape I wanted.  When things mess up you gotta know how to punt!  I attached the label, covering my boo boo, and stuck the strip under the tile. 

Meanwhile I got to work cutting my pastel bunnies.  As I always do, I made far too many, but they are so cute I can't bear to throw them away.  I know it's
Another Look
crazy, but I do feel bad when I throw out an animal die cut that I didn't use -- I'm sensitive yanno!  I cut my bunnies, attached their tails and let them dry.  The die also cut out itty bitty bunnies, and yes, I kept them and I will use them {I hope!}  My new plan is if I don't use it {paper, stamp, die cut, already colored stamp, etc} in a year, out it goes.  I can't go on keeping everything and I can barely find what I think I have {LOL}.


My bunnies are dry, my card is dry, and the bunnies just hop to where they'd like to be, even the white one at the bottom; it's difficult to see, but you can spot his little orange {I think it's orange} tail.  I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and I hope you enjoyed my journey; including that tip about the sticky notes.  Have a wonderful day and I hope to see you soon!  ~Christi

I am entering my Hippity Hoppity card in the Following Challenges:
Dragonfly Journeys - #114, Bunnies, Chicks & Ducks, Oh My!
The Library Challenge - #3, Watership Down {I used bunnies!}
Animal Friends Challenge - #60, Anything Goes w/ an Animal
Emerald Creek Dares - #21, Easter Delights
Make my Monday - #67, Easter Fun
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - M, Anything Goes w/ a Critter {or six!}
Cut it Up - #144, Easter 
Crafting with Dragonflies - #100, Easter Cards
Creative with Stamps - M, #24, Bunny


15 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining this month's challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Hugs and smiles, Teresa DT

    Sweet card. I love the inked panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your sweet bunnies! The pastel background works perfectly with them! Reminds me of dyed eggs! I'm glad I'm not the only die cut saver! I've been trying to use those bits and pieces a lot more lately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Margaret, I have SO many!! Maybe we should have a swap? Thank you for your sweet comment :)

      Delete
  3. Eine farbenfrohe Osterkarte ist das geworden. Super gemacht.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make millions of the same cuts, too, and I usually find uses for them on various projects here and there. I like your idea of pitching them after a year, but I'm like you - I find it really hard to throw them out. I just gave a box of snippets, cuts, and scraps to my granddaughter who is two. She just LOVES going through them - putting them in and out of the box!!

    Anyhow!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us for our Easter challenge at Cut it Up! and Happy Easter!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and colourful and lovely card! Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like theses super happy bunnies, so glad you shared with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christi! Never enough bunnies! Your card is too cute and I love the tie dye effect you achieved for the background. Pretty Spring colors. Thanks so much for joining my Bunnies, Chicks, and Ducks Blog Challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun card! Love the bunnies!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, this is so adorable with those sweet bunnies hopping around the lovely pastels! Thanks for sharing your Easter with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful springy card and your distress injed panel is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative with Stamps and we hope to see more of your wonderful creations soon! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)